Monday, March 1, 2010

SBS29 Challenge - Think Green.

** This challenge is now closed. You can see who won HERE.

I am happy to host the March challenge for the Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers-29 (SBS29). I decided to pick a theme for the challenge. The theme is "Think Green". You can interpret it as you wish (green paper, St. Patrick's Day, recycling, or what ever else). The challenge will run from today through March 20th. I will announce the randomly drawn winner on Sunday, March 21st. I have some crafting goodies to send to the winner.

Although this challenge is specifically for SBS29, others may also enter.

Please use Mr.Linky to submit your entry by Saturday, March 20th.

I am part Irish and love the Irish culture, especially the music. Some of my ancestors migrated to the United States from County Limerick, Ireland in the late 1830's. Red hair ran in my mother's family (including her) but I ended up blond. My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon in Dublin. So, given all that and the fact that St. Patrick's day is coming up, I made this card.


It originally started out as a shamrock shaped card but I just couldn't make it work this evening and I wanted to get the challenge posted for my sisters. My husband was strongly lobbying for the sentiment to say "pog mo thoin" but I went for the safer option.

Have fun!


Supplies:
  • Image: Free coloring page from Elizabeth O. Dulemba
  • Papers & CS: Green is the Thing digital paper pack by Danielle Young Designs, image printed on Georgia Pacific CS, other black, orange, and green paper the manufacturer is unknown
  • Inks: None
  • Embellishments & Tools: Prismacolor pencils & OMS, gold brads

Other challenges for this card:




25 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card and great image- and your sentiment- I have never hear of your husband's option prior...... My dad is 100% Irish- Co Wexford, Tipperary and Mayo were the G-grandparents; to USA 1860's Never been there, would LOVE to go! Lucky you!

Annie said...

Great card - what a character.
Ann xxx
The Pink Elephant Challenge

sarahw said...

Great card Cheryl. I love the background with the different colored squares. :)

Karin said...

Totally cute...Such a great job coloring this little guy! I love St. Patty's Day...Everyone is Irish on that day :)

Elisabeth said...

Fantastic card, love the design and the color blocked background! Great challenge too, green is my favorite color! ( I may not be Irish, but I am a redhead, LOL)

Jacquel said...

I LOVE your card Cheryl!! The sketch, colors...everything works really well together! Great job my friend & tfs!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee FABULOUS!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Cheryl, love the leprachaun and a fab choice of colours on your card too :) Donna x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

I love it Cheryl! It's really cute and fun!

Joanne Gilch said...

Went to Ireland in 1996 with family and friend. Two weeks just wasn't enough. My Dad's parents came from Ireland. but she was not Irish, her pa was French.

Joanne Gilch said...

OOps! love the leprechaun and the different layout and colors.

Kathy said...

Cute image and sentiment! Love all things Irish, too! Fun card and fun challenge, I hope to get to it in the next few days.

Unknown said...

Great card hun! Love the colors!

Trudi said...

Cute card Cheryl, I like the orange with the green! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, this is great! I love the layout.

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love that image!Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet St. Patrick's day creation!! Love the image!! Too cute!!

Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight this week! What an awesome job on your clean and simple creation.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! This image makes me smile!! I love it!! The layout is just amazing!! Perfect CAS style too!! Thanks so much for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Micki said...

Oh what a cutie.... and what a great card. I love the deep, dark color cardstock and the bright white. it really sets off the digi and ... I dunno, just pulls my eye. (Love white space, lo)

Joanne Gilch said...

How many comments can one person leave on this blog? I'm up to three and make no promises to stop. But I'll try. I made the card, finally.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Humm, methinks that leprachaun has mischief up his sleeve. There's a certain glint in his eye!

Very cute card and definitely works for the Lucky Me challenge. So happy you could have some fun with Pile it On this week.

Rosanne said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!

Tracey said...

Fab card Cheryl, I managed to get my card done at last :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tracey said...

& I forgot to say Thanks for hosting Cheryl :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Kim Marie said...

I just made it under the wire, Cheryl!! Thanks for hosting the March challenge...so appreciated!

Thanks also for your patience in getting your prize pkg...it is on its way even now!!
Kim Marie